CIEH Level 2 Award in HACCP-based Food Safety Systems in Manufacturing course
The CIEH Level 2 Award in HACCP-based Food Safety Systems in Manufacturing is supported by Improve – the Sector Skills Council for the Food and Drink Manufacturing industry in the UK. This two-unit, Ofqual-regulated qualification has been specifically developed for those working, or preparing to work in food manufacturing or food supply chain roles.
This HACCP level 2 manufacturing qualification provides essential knowledge on:
- workplace and personal hygiene and product safety
- hazard analysis critical control point (HACCP) food safety management systems.
Successful completion of the training programme and assessments will enable candidates to develop a knowledge and understanding of:-
Unit 1: The Principles of Food Safety in Manufacturing
- how individuals can take personal responsibility for food safety
- the importance of personal hygiene
- how working areas are kept clean and hygienic
- the importance of keeping products safe.
Unit 2: Principles of HACCP-based Food Safety Systems
- the purpose of a HACCP system
- the features and terminology of HACCP
- how a HACCP system is applied in the workplace.
Duration: two-day programme (one day per unit)
Assessment: two multiple choice examinations (30 questions per unit)
Ofqual accredited: Yes
Ofqual reference: 600/1483/0
- Unit 1: K/502/0181
- Unit 2: A/601/2631
Next 2 day course:
22nd and 23rd April
Candidates must attend both sessions