Benefits of attending a CIEH course.
There is hardly a week passes when someone does not call me to enquire about the difference between online food safety training and attending a course. I have provided some detailed information gained from the CIEH on this topic. I hope it answers most of your questions.
- are developed to clearly defined national standards
- are developed in conjunction with industry to ensure they are fit for purpose
- have Sector Skills Council endorsement and, invariably, Ofqual (DCELLS, CCEA) accreditation
- are developed by an experienced team of developers using a rigorous, reiterative development process
- are assessed under exam conditions using rigorously tested examination papers
- are delivered by a highly qualified and experienced CIEH registered trainer under the auspices of the CIEH registered centre, which enables the course delivery to be adapted to the specific candidate group as the course progresses (unlike e learning)
- Most importantly it can be guaranteed that the holder of a CIEH accredited qualification certificate has achieved a clearly defined standard of achievement, something which enforcement officers actively seek to confirm.
- Overall online courses provide you with on line proof you have taken an e-learning module rather than an accredited award.
- Awards can only be obtained by taking an exam in person and showing proof of ID!
When it comes to e learning:
- The accuracy and quality of the product cannot be guaranteed
- The high cost of developing a ‘good quality’ e learning product means that it often does not get updated as regularly as classroom based teaching to take into account, for example, changes in legislation
- There is no guarantee that learning has taken place
- There is no guarantee of any defined outcome
- Enforcement officers are more likely to question the validity of the learning that has taken place
- You do not get an accredited certificate.
- If you do online eLearning CIEH food safety you will then be eligible to take the examination for CIEH and OfQual accreditation at a CIEH registered centre for an additional fee.