Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene Course for Catering - RSPH
Level 2 Food Hygiene will provide you knowledge and understanding of the importance of food hygiene, associated food hazards, good hygiene practice and controls based upon an awareness of food safety management systems. Holders will know how to maintain good practice in the handling, processing and preparation of safe food.
Who is this course for?
This course is targeted at food handlers who work or intend to workin catering and hospitality. A food handler is any person, in any type of food business, who handles food. The food can be open or packaged and includes drinks and ice.
Why is food hygiene training important?
Everyone who works with food has a responsibility for safeguarding the health of consumers and ensure that the food they serve or sell is perfectly safe to eat.
Topics covered include:
- food safety and hygiene hazards
- temperature control
- food handling
- food premises and equipment.
- Assessment: Multiple choice examination 30 questions with 20 correct to pass
- Ofqual Qualification Number 500/5480/6
- Candidate prerequisite requirements: None
- All candidates will have to show some form of official ID on the day of course, e.g. a passport or ID card.
- Worked in food businesses and ran a food business.
- A food safety auditor and writes bespoke HACCP plans.
- Holds a B.Sc (Hons) in a food science related subjects and Level 4 in Food Safety.
Public courses @ Kitchen Tonic London, W5
- We run public courses at our venue for anyone to attend - see dates below.
- Cost £45pp, includes exam fees.
- Our courses are VAT exempt. Contact us for more information
In-house - we come to you.
- If you'd like this course delivered at your business location, submit a request and we will get back to you within 2 working days
- Cost £200 plus £20pp, includes exam fees.
- Our courses are VAT exempt.
Want to run this event in-house? Enquire about running this event in-house