Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene Course for Manufacturing - RSPH
Holders of qualifications based on this specification will have a knowledge and understanding of: the importance of food hygiene, associated food hazards, good hygiene practice and controls based upon an awareness of food safety management systems.
Who needs this qualification?
Employees working as a general food handler, where food is being produced, prepared, cooked, served, stored or distributed. This food safety training suits most employees in all types of food manufacturing businesses including:
Food and drink manufacturers
- Food packaging manufacturers
If you are a food business operator or work in a supervisory or managers position, please see our level 3 and 4 food safety courses.
Why is this training important?
Everyone who works with food has a special responsibility for safeguarding the health of consumers and ensure that the food they serve or sell is perfectly safe to eat.
- Firm grasp of the importance of food safety, food hygiene and knowledge of the systems, techniques and procedures involved;
- Understanding of how to control food safety risks (personal hygiene, food storage, cooking and handling);
- Confidence and expertise to safely deliver quality food to customers.
- Duration: One-day programme
- Assessment: 30 questions multiple choice exam
- Ofqual Regulated: Yes
- QCF: 1 credit
- Prerequisite: None
Public courses @ Kitchen Tonic London, W5
- We run public courses at our venue for anyone to attend - see dates below.
- Cost £55pp, includes exam fees.
- Our courses are VAT exempt. Contact us for more information
In-house - we come to you.
- If you'd like this course delivered at your business location, submit a request and we will get back to you within 2 working days
- Cost £250 plus £20pp, includes exam fees.
- Our courses are VAT exempt.
Want to run this event in-house? Enquire about running this event in-house