Level 1 Nutrition and Health Course - RSPH
This level 1 nutrition course is for those who wish to obtain a basic knowledge and understanding of human nutrition and how it affects health. Its objective is to provide learners with a basic knowledge of human nutrition and equip them with an awareness of the importance of healthy eating. It is ideal for those considering a role in the catering, hospitality or leisure industries.
In the health sector, it would be useful for health trainers, other health professionals and staff in a range of public services who need a basic knowledge of human nutrition.
The qualification provides an introduction to the importance and principles of a well-balanced diet, current public health guidance on healthy eating and the relationship between diet and health.
The course trainer
This course is delivered by a trainer with a BSc (Hons) in nutrition, biology and dietetics. The trainer previously worked in the NHS and private sector as a dietitian and nutritionist providing dietary advise to people with e.g. obesity, diabetes, high cholesterol and food allergies. So you can be sure you are getting expert information from a fully qualified trainer.
To achieve this qualification a candidate must:
- Understand the concept of healthy eating
- Know the composition of a healthy balanced diet
- Understand the role of food labelling in achieving a healthy balanced diet
- Understand the Concept of Healthy Eating
- Identify the Composition of a Healthy Balanced Diet
- Understand the Role of Food Labelling in achieving a Healthy Balanced Diet
- Duration duration: One day
- Ofqual qualification number: 603/2124/6
- Assessment: Multiple-choice examination (20 MCQs) pass mark is 12 correct
- Prerequisite: None, but the RSPH recommends candidates to have a min level 1 in literacy and numeracy
- Keywords: Nutrition, Health, Balance, Diet, Allergy, Labelling, Food
Public courses @ Kitchen Tonic London, W5
- We run public courses at our venue for anyone to attend - see dates below.
- Cost £55pp, includes exam fees.
- Our courses are VAT exempt. Contact us for more information
In-house - we come to you.
- If you'd like this course delivered at your business location, submit a request and we will get back to you within 2 working days
- Cost £200 plus £20pp, includes exam fees.
- Our courses are VAT exempt.
Want to run this event in-house? Enquire about running this event in-house