Level 3 Food Safety and Hygiene Course for Catering - RSPH
Level 3 Food Safety and Hygiene in Catering course provides a thorough understanding of food safety and food hygiene procedures emphasising the importance of monitoring staff and controls. This qualification is regulated in England by Ofqual.
Who should attend?
This course is ideally suited for anyone who is working or aimimg to work in a catering or hospitality environment as a supervisor e.g. supervisors, trainers, assistant managers and HACCP team members.
How will I benefit from attending this course:
Anyone working in a supervisory position in a food business is not only responsible but also accountable for food safety. It is therefore vital they are equipped with both the knowledge and confidence to do their job effectively.
Successful completion of the training programme and assessment will enable candidates to understand:
- How food businesses can ensure compliance with current legislation - covers: UK and EU legislation, Role of the Local Authority, Food Standards Agency, high risk food, statistics, food-borne illnesses, Public Health England
- Principles of good hygiene practice - covers: cross contamination, personal hygiene, cleaning and disinfection, pest control, equipment and premises, waste control.
- Implementation of food safety management procedures - covers: the 12 steps of HACCP and pre requisites. Safer Food Better Business, MyHACCP.
- Role of the supervisor in staff training - covers: communication, induction, formal, refresher, on going training and recording training.
Programme and candidate information:
- Duration: Two-day programme (09:30-16:30)
- Entry requirements: Recommended understanding and knowledge of basic food hygiene – ideally the level 2 in food safety or level 2 in HACCP taken before 2005 and literacy level one.
- Assessment: Candidates are assessed by a synoptic examination (issued by the RSPH) that consists of forty five multiple choice questions.
- The pass mark is 30/45.
- Those who achieve 30-37 are awarded a pass certificate. Those who achieve 38 correct or above will be awarded with a distinction certificate.
- Those who fail to achive the required pass mark can take a resit. (additional fees apply)
- ID requirements: Official ID required to be shown to the trainer e.g. passport, residents permit etc.
- Suggested progression: Level 4 Food Safety
- This course is delivered through a mixture of trainer delivery, group work, homework and mock exam.
- Your trainer has been teaching level 3 food safety courses for over 10 years. The trainer has a BSc Hons in a Food Science related degree. The trainer has experience working in food businesses and is a food safety auditor. The trainer also writes HACCP plans and food safety policies for food businesses.
Public courses @ Kitchen Tonic London, W5
- We run public courses at our venue for anyone to attend - see dates below.
- Cost £200pp, includes exam fees.
- Our courses are VAT exempt. Contact us for more information
In-house - we come to you.
- If you'd like this course delivered at your business location, submit a request and we will get back to you within 2 working days
- Cost £600 plus £65pp, includes exam fees.
- Our courses are VAT exempt.