Level 2 Health and Safety Course - RSPH
This qualification is aimed at those who require a better understanding of health and safety for within the workplace. The emphasis is on making the employee safe for him/herself, safe for others and capable of identifying potential hazards.
'Health and Safety' takes as its starting point the fact that most accidents are attributable to a lack of knowledge or carelessness and that the key to improvement is increased awareness on everybody's part.
Who needs this qualification?
This health and safety course is aimed at all employees and provides essential knowledge and understanding of health and safety in the workplace. Previous candidates have included, school janitors, charity workers, IT office staff, retailers, logistical staff, sports stadium staff, security staff, chefs and many more.
Why is this training important?
Holders of this qualification will understand the general principles of health and safety in the workplace, the nature of hazards and risks in the workplace and their possible effects, and hazards and risks likely to affect the occupational health of individuals.
Successful completion of the training programme and assessment will enable candidates to understand:
- health and safety requirements placed on employers and employees
- hazard and risk and the main causes of harm to workers
- health, safety and welfare provisions in the workplace
- the importance of following safe systems of work, procedures and rules
- hazards and controls in respect to both safety and occupational health risks
- how their own actions can reduce risks to health and safety.
- Duration: One day programme
- Assessment: Multiple choice exam - 25 questions
- Ofqual Qualification Number: 600/0082/X
- Prerequisite: Candidates should have a minimum of Level 1 in literacy or equivalent to undertake this qualification.
- Suggested Progression: Level 3 Health and Safety
Public courses @ Kitchen Tonic London, W5
- We run public courses at our venue for anyone to attend - see dates below.
- Cost £45pp, includes exam fees.
- Our courses are VAT exempt. Contact us for more information
In-house - we come to you.
- If you'd like this course delivered at your business location, submit a request and we will get back to you within 2 working days
- Cost £250 plus £20pp, includes exam fees.
- Our courses are VAT exempt.